Begin your U.S. visa application online. (Picture: Polka Dot Images/Polka Dot/Getty Pictures )
Ukrainians seeking to look at the united states of america need certainly to leap through several hoops to really make it happen – a 11-hour trip, seven-hour time distinction and visa application included. If you should be about to look at the united states of america being a tourist, you need the B-2 visa for leisure travel. Unfortuitously, the B-2 visa application process is not precisely a stroll within the park.
Confirm You Are a Tourist
The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, which regulates visitation to your united states of america, lawfully presumes that most tourist visa candidates plan to immigrate to your U.S. and helps make the candidates in charge of showing otherwise.
If that b-2 is wanted by you visa, you will need to prove that the usa visit is temporary and also you’re not planning to immigrate long-lasting. To get this done, you have to show that:
- Your U.S. journey is short-term, such as for example for business, leisure or treatment.
- Your see is actually for a particular and time period that is limited.
- You have the funds to pay for your expenses if you are traveling in the us.
- You’ve got a residence, also social and ties that are economic outside the usa, which will make fully sure your return from your own journey.
You will need to gather the documents that are following offer proof that you are a tourist rather than an intending immigrant:
- Proof earnings, taxation re re re payments or ownership of home or a company.
- An schedule of the travel plans, and just about every other information about your prepared trip.
- A page from your boss that details your situation, wage, just how long you have been used along with your getaway time.
- Any unlawful or court public records that pertain to a conviction or arrest anywhere, even though you’ve currently finished your sentence or been pardoned.
If you should be a learning pupil, consider bringing your transcripts or proof of economic help to show your pupil status. Performing grownups might bring a page from their boss along side present pay slips. If you are visiting a relative, bring copies of one’s relative’s evidence of status in the us, and when you have formerly checked out the usa, bring documents that support your immigration or visa status from that journey.
Finish the applying
Appearing you are a tourist is not also a formal an element of the visa application procedure. When you have gathered evidence that is sufficient show that you will be perhaps not, in reality, about to emigrate through the Ukraine towards the united states of america, you are going to still need to get and finish most of the necessary things for the B-2 visa.
Observe that the usa usually combines the B-2 visa utilizing the visa that is b-1 which will be legitimate for site visitors traveling on company. Both visas need which you submit the application that is following:
- A non-immigrant visa electronic application, also referred to as the DS-160. You can travel to the U.S. Travel Docs web site to receive the type.
- A passport that is valid a termination date which is at least find a bride 6 months beyond your planned see towards the usa. In the event the passport includes one or more person, every person must fill out an application.
- One passport photograph, size 2 x 2 ins. The head should be focused into the frame together with your eyes showing, together with history needs to be off-white or white with no shadows. Never protect see your face or mind, and keep a normal expression that is facial.
- A receipt showing that you have pa >
Whenever finishing the DS-160 form, bear in mind it out in English with English-language characters, except when you’re asked to provide your full name in your native alphabet that you must fill. The application form is online, so keep in mind that if you are amiss about it for longer than 20 consecutive mins, your session will expire and you might need to begin over. Answer all of the relevant concerns as entirely and accurately that you can, or perhaps you may need to reschedule your visa meeting visit and begin your visa application procedure from scratch.
Once you’ve completed the DS-160, print the application that is barcode to submit along with your visa application.
Make and Go To Your Visit
Being a B-2 applicant through the Ukraine, you need to schedule a non-immigrant visa interview visit aided by the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv. Appointments are without any fee and available Monday through Friday beginning at 8 a.m.
So that you can schedule your visit with all the embassy, you may need:
- Your passport number
- Your Raiffeisen Bank Aval receipt number.
- The number that is barcode your DS-160 verification web page. The barcode must certanly be 10 digits.
Once you arrive for the meeting appointment, be sure to bring a printed copy of the visit page, your DS-160 verification web page, a current picture of your self, your present passport and all sorts of old passports, along with all of the application products and supporting papers you will need.
When you yourself have extra concerns when it comes to embassy, it is possible to e-mail it in Ukranian, Russian or English or contact the embassy’s call center through Skype.